Thursday, January 30, 2020

A Simple Day & Night Painting for My Art Therapy and Painting Practice


Hi, Welcome to My NeverWonderLand! I'm Elsbeth and this is me here... 


doing some sort of art therapy for myself. Oh no, I'm not a real artist. Not in the least and you will see that soon enough. I'm just a hopeless wannabe. Sketching, painting, coloring and other artsy crafts are some of my hobbies. You know, just dabbling in arts, creating useless things and whatnot. I've always been fascinated and in love with arts. Although I don't think it loves me back. It doesn't show in my works. But still, trying to be creative does wonders to my brain and nerves. And my soul. It's relaxing, comforting and satisfying despite the mediocre results. I don't know where I heard or read this said about art, but I believe it's true, “Art wasn't supposed to look nice. It's suppose to make you feel something.” Well, my art makes me happy so that's good enough for me. Never mind if it's not appreciated by others. Who cares, right?


Anyway, I just thought I'd share this one just in case someone would care. It's actually a start and part of a bigger plan. Meaning, bigger project. I've been watching YouTube tutorials of painting lately because I am dreaming of painting some landscape art for the wall of our staircase. I'm thinking of a 3-piece canvas, like the one I did for our dining room. It was a painting of my three favorite fruits – Mango, Dragon Fruit and Kiwi. This time though, I'm hoping to create some sort of Morning, Noon and Midnight scenes. Yup, kinda ambitious, I know. Hehe...

So this is also practice for me before I do it on a big canvas. It has been a long, long while since I last painted, so I'm all rusty. Besides, I'm not any good at all to begin with, so I definitely need lots and lots of practice. This one I made here was inspired by one of the videos I saw on YouTube. It's a simple Day and Night painting, using Oil Pastels, a Graphite Pencil, and Metallic Color pens on a watercolor paper.



It's not that much to look at, but it's a start, right? And I'm still framing this or something. So, please don't be too hard on me...

Oh, this blog post is originally a vlog on YouTube and if you're more interested on watching and just listening than reading, here it is...


No comments:

Post a Comment